Tuesday, August 11, 2009

What's wrong with this story teaser?

I saw this headline teaser on CNN.com today...take a guess at why it pisses me off:

Angry crowd confronts senator on health care
A hostile crowd shouted questions and made angry statements today at a Pennsylvania town hall meeting on health care led by Democratic Sen. Arlen Specter. The meeting drew an overflow crowd of about 250 people, with more gathered outside to demonstrate for and against President Obama's push to expand health insurance for 46 million people without coverage while bringing down costs.

*rolls eyes*

--Browncoat

3 comments:

Kent McManigal said...

Could it be this propaganda slipped into a "news" story without a disclaimer? "push to expand health insurance for 46 million people without coverage while bringing down costs"

Browncoat Libertarian said...

What ticks me off the most is when I get into arguments with folks about interventionist/Democrat bias in the mainstream media. I'm always told how paranoid I am and that I'm just looking to find something.

This CNN headline absolutely proves what I'm talking about. It's an OP/ED inserted into what should be a completely neutral sounding headline...why couldn't they have just referred to the angry town hallers as being opposed to the proposed health care plan?

This is NOT unbiased, neutral "news"...it's blatent bias and yes, propaganda, and it makes me sick.

The Whited Sepulchre said...

Sir,
That's why I'll be relieved to see the end of "objective" journalism. There is no such thing.
We used to have newspapers called "The Hackville Democrat", or "The Delta-Democrat Times". You knew where their allegiance was when you picked up the product.