Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Take the Red Pill


When politics seeps into conversations I have with new acquaintances, it’s not long before I see curious eyebrows rise and the inevitable line of questioning begins:

“You’re a Libertarian? Really? Why? Aren’t you just wasting your vote?”

Yes. Really. I took the Red Pill. As of 2008, I'm a card-carrying Libertarian. Why? Because I'm through wasting my vote. In 2005, I threw up my hands in disgust and had a disturbing epiphany...the United States does not have a "Two-Party" political system, we have a two faction, ONE PARTY political system, a.k.a. "The Republocrats".

After the ascension of George "Dubya" Knucklehead, I eventually realized that the Republican Party had abandoned everything that differentiated them from the big government, welfare/nanny state Democrats. It also became clear that the Democrats had finally caved and started pandering to the religious vote...so much for the party of "tolerance". I was past the point of no return...I had swallowed the Red Pill.

Clearly, the Democrats and Republicans are now one and the same...they are the Republocrat Party. Their similarities far outnumber their differences. They are the party of Big Government, irresponsible spending, and religious pandering, all driven by fear-mongering elitists.

Sadly, Republocrat voters blissfully fool themselves, as I once did, into believing they have a choice, that their faction is the right choice and that the other faction is wrong and must not be allowed to take power. Newsflash: no matter what faction a Republocrat votes for, or in many cases, against, they still end up with a big government, fiscally irresponsible, police-the-world nanny-state theocracy. A Republocratic government, fueled by truly wasted votes.

Most new acquaintances I talk with agree with the libertarian philosophy and the Libertarian Party platform of smaller government, fiscal responsibility, and enjoying personal liberty free of an Orwellian nanny-state, yet they won’t vote for Libertarian candidates for fear of “wasting” their vote, so they vote Republocrat.

Folks, it’s time to wake up and realize that a Republocrat vote is the real wasted vote. Take the Red Pill, vote Libertarian, and start putting liberty-minded people in office.

6 comments:

The Whited Sepulchre said...

Browncoat,

Thanks for including me in your blogroll at Stage One.

Allen in Fort Worth
The Whited Sepulchre Blog

Browncoat Libertarian said...

You betcha, Allen...The WS is one of my favorite blogs!

Francis Shivone said...

Welcome to Fort Worth blogging.

Browncoat Libertarian said...

Thanks for the welcome, Francis :^)

TarrantLibertyGuy said...

Taking the red pill is so difficult. First of all it's illegal without a prescription. Next, I've almost died waiting for the FDA to approve it. Fortunately, I was approved to take experimental red pills for a clinical trial. Thirdly, remember - taking the red pill may result in feelings of light headedness and freedom. If you experience freedom for more than four hours, consult your physician immediately.

Albert said...

Jonsie,

Good Friend In Liberty, you have inspired me to write a public blog of my own. I have enjoyed reading what you have written thus far.

Albert
Chair, Wilson County LPT